The Oak View Park & Resource Center was established as a result of a community works project. The school grounds on which the Center exists was saved from dense, low-income housing development through the efforts of the following organizations and individuals, who helped get a small local property tax implemented for purchasing the property from Ventura County:
- Save Our School Committee,
- Oak View Civic Council,
- Ventura County Supervisors,
- Ventura County School District,
- Ojai Valley Friends of the Library,
- State of California Park Grant,
- and many other generous donations.